Policies and Procedures
- Mission Statement
- Ordering Online
- Textbook Packages
- Textbook Rental Agreement
- Shipping Policies
- Product Returns
The Don Bookstore sells new and used textbooks at a price designed to cover the costs of operating the bookstore and meeting all other required financial obligations. This price includes all expenses associated with bookstore operations and personnel. We are 100% nonprofit.back to top
Submit your order securely to us via this web site. Please remember that the total charged to your credit card may be adjusted based on inventory quantities of new and used books at the time your order is processed. Visit us again after you have placed your order to view your order history. You can even choose to pick up your order in the store at no additional cost. Instructions for placing your order can be found by clicking on this link: How to Orderback to top
Many textbooks come from the publisher in a packaged set with other items, such as a CD, an internet access code, or workbook. Both the package and the individual items will be available on the website. Please make your selection carefully, and call the bookstore at (714) 564-6434 if you need assistance. If you order the package AND the individual components, we will ship you the least expensive combination.back to top
Textbook Rental Agreement - Intersession 2014 and Spring 2014
1. I am renting and am in receipt of the rental book(s) shown on the receipt. I have paid the non-refundable rental fee, and understand that the return policies of the store also apply to rental items. I acknowledge that the book, whether new or used, is in good condition.
2. I will return the book to the Bookstore no later than 5:00pm on the due date. Intersession rentals are due February 3. Spring rentals will be due June 9. If I ship the book, it must be received at the Bookstore no later than 5:00pm on the due date, shipping prepaid. Any other return will be rejected.
3. I will return the book in good salable condition as determined by the Bookstore. All CDs and other component parts included with this book, must be present and in salable condition as determined by the store upon return. Very limited highlighting and writing are acceptable.
4. I am responsible for risk of loss from any cause, including theft, lost item(s), or return in unsalable condition, such as damage caused by liquids (rain, snow, coffee, juice, etc.), fire (scorched), chemical spills, tooth marks (rodents, pets, etc.), missing component parts, and spine damage.
5. If I am late or if I fail to return the book, I will pay the Bookstore the replacement cost of the book plus any applicable sales taxes. I authorize the Bookstore to withdraw/charge the same debit/credit card account that was left as the deposit account to make this payment.
6. I will not exceed the limit or cancel the credit or debit card used to secure this rental until all the rented materials are either returned to the Bookstore or the fees indicated above are paid in full.back to top
Local Fedex home delivery is $11.50 for the first item, and $2.00 for each additional item. You will receive your order in 3-7 days. Signatures are not required for Fedex Ground shipments, so the driver will leave the package if you are not at home. If you want to specify a location for the package to be left, please add this under "Special Shipping Instructions."
Out of State Fedex is $15 for the first item, and $2.00 for each additional item.
Check current store hours at (714) 564-6435. Web orders must be picked up by the refund deadline. Unclaimed web orders will be returned to stock and are subject to a processing fee of $5 or 10%, whichever is greater.back to top
All textbooks must be accompanied by a student ID and a web order
invoice/packing slip from the Don Bookstore. Refunds are given only at the
campus where you bought your books. A restocking fee may apply.
Please note: Banks may
take 14-30 days to post debit/credit card refunds to your account.
Intersession 2014 textbook refunds end January 8. Spring semester refunds end February 18. Refunds are subject to a 10% restocking fee. All textbook sales after the refund deadline are considered final. No refunds during any finals week. Web orders must be picked up by the refund deadline. Unclaimed web orders will be returned to stock and are subject to a processing fee of $5 or 10%, whichever is greater.
Packaged or shrink-wrapped textbooks will be refunded for the full amount if unopened. There is a $3.00 fee to replace shrink-wrap. Access codes are not refundable if opened. Damaged or soiled books will be refunded at the used book price (75% of the new price). New study guides, workbooks, and lab manuals must be in resalable and brand new condition; no markings, folds, creases. scratches, or water damage. All refunds are subject to a restocking fee.
Used books must be in resalable condition.
Graduation merchandise purchased through the website must be returned for a refund within 2 weeks of the date you received it.