Get current textbook buyback prices from the Don Bookstore. To begin, simply enter the required information about your textbooks below.
Textbook buyback is open continually most of the year. You will get the best prices for your books during finals week and the first week of classes each semester. Call (714) 564-6435 for current hours.
Buyback information is provided for students only. All buyback prices are subject to change based on the condition of the book and the inventory needs of the Don Bookstore.
Don Bookstore Buyback Policy
The Don Bookstore will buy back textbooks at the end of each semester. No receipt is needed. You will get the best buyback price at the campus where you bought your books.
The Buyback list consists of those titles which have been selected by faculty for each term.
Textbooks on the Buyback list will be bought back for up to 1/2 of the price you paid.
If we cannot buy back your textbook, it is for one of the following reasons:
- The instructor has requested a different book than was used last semester
- The course has been dropped from the curriculum
- We already have a full quota of books for the course
- The publisher has advised us of a forthcoming new edition
- The textbook has gone out of print
- The textbook is in poor condition (water damage, etc.)
- The course is offered only once a year or every other year
- We have not received a request from faculty to provide the book
- We cannot buy back tapes, computer software, or workbooks
NOTE: As a courtesy to students, the Bookstore will provide for a used book wholesaler, College Book Co., to make you an offer on most of the books the Bookstore cannot buy. You will get the most for your books during finals week, because our need is greatest at that time.
Expiration date for this estimate: