Frequently Asked Questions
- What hours is the Don Bookstore open?
- When can I sell back my book?
- When will books be sold on the website for the next semester?
- Can I rent textbooks online?
- When do rental books have to be returned, and what are the penalty fees?
- Why can't I add the book to my cart? (Price not displayed or grayed out)
- Why can't I find the ISBN on Amazon?
- Can I purchase a digital book?
- Why do you show prices from other online retailers?
- Can I pick up the books in person?
- When will my order be ready?
- How will I know my order is ready for pickup?
- Can I have the books shipped to me?
- How will I know my order has been shipped?
- Why am I being charged more than the total on my order confirmation?
- What if I forget to pick up my books?
- My class is at Santa Ana College. Can I buy the book from the Hawk Bookstore?
- Why are my books so expensive?
- Why can't I sell my book back to the Bookstore?
- What if I want a refund?
- EOPS Online Purchase Instructions and E Book Purchase Instructions
What hours is the Don Bookstore open?
When can I sell back my book?
Textbooks are available for buyback during finals week and the first week classes of every semester. Call (714)564-6435 for current hours.back to top
When will books be sold on the website for the next semester?
Spring textbooks will be available for purchase online February 4th.back to top
Can I rent textbooks online?
Yes! If your textbook is available as a rental, a price for "new rental" or "used rental" will appear on the selection screen. Add the desired item to your cart. You must agree to the rental terms before you can complete your transaction.back to top
When do rental books have to be returned, and what are the penalty fees?
Spring rentals must be returned by June 10th to avoid penalty fees. Books not returned by 5:00pm on the deadline date will be charged to the customer at full retail price.back to top
Why can't I add the book to my cart? (Price not displayed or grayed out)
If prices do not display or are grayed out, the book has not arrived from the publisher. Inventory is updated daily, so please check the website again later.back to top
Why can't I find the ISBN on Amazon?
Your instructor may have chosen a special customized textbook which is not available from other retailers.back to top
Can I purchase a digital book?
Yes, many titles are available in digital format from our online affiliates. You will see them listed along with other versions of the book, when available.back to top
Why do you show prices from other online retailers?
Our website now has a new feature - it's called comparison shopping. After you create a course list you will see prices for your books from the SAC Don Bookstore as well as other online retailers. If you purchase from another retailer, you will be directed to that retailer's website to complete your transaction.back to top
Can I pick up the books in person?
Yes - choose "In-Store Pickup Next Business Day" as your shipping method. There is no charge for this service, and you can pick up the books without having to stand in line. After you receive your "Processing Completed" email from us, bring your order number and a photo ID to the bookstore. Call (714) 564-6435 for current store hours. back to top
When will my order be ready?
You will know your order is ready for pickup after you receive your second email, showing "Processing Completed". Bring your photo ID and web order confirmation number to the pickup window. Most orders are processed in 24 business hours (Monday-Friday only).back to top
How will I know my order is ready for pickup?
You will receive a second email when your order is ready. You can also log in to your account from our website to check your order status. When the status says Complete or Shipped, your order is ready at the bookstore.back to top
Can I have the books shipped to me?
Yes - choose "FedEx Home Delivery" during the checkout process. Shipping costs $10.00 for the first item, and $2.00 for each additional item. Shipping takes about 3-7 business days. We are not able to send Fedex tracking numbers, but you can log into your account on our website to check your order status.back to top
How will I know my order has been shipped?
You will receive an email from the Don Bookstore when we have processed your order. You can also check your order status by logging in to your account from our website.back to top
Why am I being charged more than the total on my order confirmation?
The total charged to your credit card may be adjusted based on inventory quantities of new or used books at the time your order is processed.back to top
What if I forget to pick up my books?
If you do not pick up your web order by the semester's refund deadline, your books will be returned to the shelf, and you will be refunded minus a restocking fee.back to top
My class is at Santiago Canyon College. Can I buy the book from the Don Bookstore?
No. Different campuses use different books, so make sure to purchase your books at the campus where your class is held. Books for Santiago Canyon College classes can be purchased from their website at: HawkBookstore.comback to top
Why are my books so expensive?
The Hawk Bookstore sells new and
used textbooks at a price designed to cover the costs of operating the
bookstore and meeting all other required financial obligations. This price
includes all expenses associated with bookstore operations and personnel. We
are 100% nonprofit.
Click on the link below for a graphic representation of what goes into the cost of your textbooks:
Why can't I sell my book back to the Bookstore?
If we cannot buy back your textbook, it is for one of the following reasons:
- The instructor has requested a different book than was used last semester
- The course has been dropped from the curriculum
- We already have a full quota of books for the course
- The publisher has advised us of a forthcoming new edition
- The textbook has gone out of print
- The textbook is in poor condition (water damage, etc.)
- The course is offered only once a year or every other year
- We have not received a request from faculty to provide the book
- We cannot buy back tapes, computer software, or workbooks
NOTE:As a courtesy to students, the Bookstore will provide for a used book wholesaler, Nebraska Book Co., to make you an offer on most of the books the Bookstore cannot buy. You will get the best price for your books during finals week, because our need is greatest at that time.back to top
What if I want a refund?
Don Bookstore Refund Policy
All textbooks must be accompanied by a student ID and a web order invoice/packing slip from the Don Bookstore. Refunds are given only at the campus where you bought your books. A restocking fee may apply. Please note: Banks may take 14-30 days to post debit/credit card refunds to your account.
Spring refunds end February 22nd. Refunds are subject to a restocking fee. All textbook sales after the refund deadline are considered final. No refunds during any finals week. Web orders must be picked up by the refund deadline. Unclaimed web orders will be returned to stock and are subject to a processing fee.
Packaged or shrink-wrapped textbooks will be refunded for the full amount if unopened. There is a $3.00 fee to replace shrink-wrap. Access codes are not refundable if opened. Damaged or soiled books will be refunded at the used book price (75% of the new price).
New study guides, workbooks, and lab manuals must be in resalable and brand new condition; no markings, folds, creases, scratches, or water damage.
Used books must be in resalable condition.
Graduation merchandise purchased through the website must be returned for a refund within 2 weeks of the date you received it.
EOPS Online Purchase Instructions and E Book Purchase Instructions
Want to purchase a REQUIRED new or used hard-copy textbook with your EOPS E-Book Voucher and/or E-Supply Card funds?
Using multiple payment options can get a bit tricky.
- Follow these steps to complete your purchase.
· For SAC textbooks open www.donbookstore.com with a web browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge).
· For SCC textbooks open www.donbookstore.com/hawk with a web browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge).
· Click on “TEXTBOOKS” and select the “Buy/Rent” option to start the process.
· Read and agree to terms by selecting “yes”
· Fill your shopping cart with your Fall 2020 course textbooks
· Once you have completed filling and reviewing your shopping cart click on “check out”.
· Sign in or create your account
· Select your preferred shipping method
· Enter Student ID
· Select a payment method to use: EOPS SAC BOOKS or EOPS SAC SUPPLIES
· Enter Student ID (again)
· Click Apply to my Order
· If your total balance is greater than the amount of the first payment method, you will see a notification at the bottom of the screen. This will tell you the remaining balance to be paid to complete your purchase.
· Enter that amount in the Amount field.
· Now select your second payment method and enter in the remaining balance to be paid with that method.
· When you have used all E-voucher and E-supply card funds, you will be responsible for any remaining balance to complete your purchase.
· Complete your order; contact the bookstore by phone or email for problems completing your order.
Want to purchase a REQUIRED textbook in Don Bookstore E-Book Format with your EOPS E-Book Voucher and/or E-Supply Card funds?
· This type of purchase requires that you contact the Bookstore directly.
· Be ready to provide the Bookstore staff the course and section number(s) and e-book purchase option.
· The cost of the e-book item(s) will first be deducted from your E-Book Voucher.
· Any remaining cost can be paid by your E-Supply Card or personal funds (your choice). If paid by E-Supply Card, this amount will also be deducted from your balance.
· EOPS E-funds cannot be applied towards any of the listed “From the Web” options.
· See contact info below.
Don Bookstore contact info:
Don Bookstore phone: 714-564-6435 or 714-564-6434 Don Bookstore email: email@example.com
back to top