Policies and Procedures
- Mission Statement
- Ordering Online
- Textbook Packages
- Textbook Rental Agreement
- Shipping Choices
- Product Returns
The Campus Store is a local bookstore serving the students, faculty and staff of Santa Ana College with pride. Our primary goal is to ensure students are able to obtain the course materials they need at reasonable prices. We also provide many other items to support your academic career and school spirit. Please browse our website or stop by our store anytime! We are 100% nonprofit.back to top
Securely submit your order to us by clicking the Textbook tab on the navigation bar. Please remember that the total charged to your credit card may be adjusted based on inventory quantities of new and used books at the time your order is processed. Visit us again after you have placed your order to view your order history. You can even choose to pick up your order in the store at no additional cost.
Instructions for placing your order can be found by clicking on this link: How to Order
Many textbooks come from the publisher in a packaged set with other items, such as a CD, an internet access code, or workbook. Packages cannot be broken up. Please make your selection carefully, and call the bookstore at (714) 564-6434 if you need assistance. If you order the package AND the individual components, we will ship you the least expensive combination.back to top
Textbook Rental Agreement
- I am renting and am in receipt of the rental book(s) shown on the receipt. I understand that the return policies of the store also apply to rental items. I acknowledge that the book, whether new or used, is in good condition.
- I will return the book to the Bookstore no later than 5:00pm on the due date. Textbook rentals are due 2 weeks after the end of the semester. If I ship the book, it must be received at the Bookstore no later than 5:00pm on the due date, shipping prepaid. Any other return will be rejected.
- I will return the book in good salable condition as determined by the Bookstore. All CDs and other component parts included with this book, must be present and in salable condition as determined by the store upon return. Very limited highlighting and writing are acceptable.
- I am responsible for risk of loss from any cause, including theft, lost item(s), or return in unsalable condition, such as damage caused by liquids (rain, snow, coffee, juice, etc.), fire (scorched), chemical spills, tooth marks (rodents, pets, etc.), missing component parts, and spine damage.
- If I am late or if I fail to return the book, I will pay the Bookstore the replacement cost of the book plus any applicable sales taxes. I authorize the Bookstore to withdraw/charge the same debit/credit card account that was left as the deposit account to make this payment.
- I will not exceed the limit or cancel the credit or debit card used to secure this rental until all the rented materials are either returned to the Bookstore or the fees indicated above are paid in full.
USPS Home Shipping is $10.00 for the first item, and $2.00 for each additional item. You will receive your order in 1-4 days. Signatures are not required for USPS shipments, so the driver will leave the package if you are not at home. If you want to specify a location for the package to be left, please add this under "Special Shipping Instructions."
Out of State Shipping is $15 for the first item, and $2.00 for each additional item.
In-Store Pickup Next Business Day is free of charge.You will know your order is ready when you receive a "Processing Completed" email from the bookstore. Bring your photo ID and web order number to the Don Bookstore. You can also check your order status by logging into your account on this website. Check current store hours at (714) 564-6435. Web orders must be picked up within 21 days. Unclaimed web orders are considered abandoned. The Campus Store will make at least one attempt via email, to contact the customer about picking up their order. Abondoned orders can be refunded by customer request if: the request is made within the first 21 days of class start. After this period, a gift card can be issued for the refund.back to top
All textbooks must be accompanied by an ID, receipt, or weborder form from the Don Bookstore. Refunds are given only at the campus where you bought your books. Refunds are allowed up to 2 weeks from the purchase date. Please note: Banks may take 14-30 days to post debit/credit card refunds to your account.
If textbooks are purchased within 3 weeks from the end of the semester, they are considered final sale. Books purchased during finals week are considered final sale.
Packaged or shrink-wrapped textbooks will be refunded for the full amount if unopened. There is a $3.00 fee to replace shrink-wrap. Access codes are not refundable if opened. Damaged or soiled books will be refunded at the used book price (75% of the new price). New study guides, workbooks, and lab manuals must be in resalable and brand new condition; no markings, folds, creases. scratches, or water damage. All refunds are subject to a restocking fee.
Used books must be in good resalable condition.
Apple products are FINAL SALE.back to top
We have gone to great lengths to protect the security and validity of your credit card transaction. Our order forms are encrypted by our secure server to guarantee that the information can be read by us only. It will appear as indecipherable gibberish if the data is intercepted by an unauthorized source. We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) - to guard information. SSL is the industry standard for online security. Before a business can use SSL, it must be certified by an independent authority. This trusted third party will determine if the business is legitimate. Symantec, one of the largest such companies in the world, certified us.
To View a Website's Credentials:
Click the closed padlock in a browser window
Click the trust mark (such as a Norton Secured Seal)
Look in the green address bar triggered by an Extended Validation (EV) SSL